I don’t think I’m alone in saying that Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays! Lots of family coming together, The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade (which I have to watch every single year!) great food, and a TV schedule jam packed with football games…what’s not to love!? As cheesy as it sounds however, I also love that Thanksgiving is a time to step back and take inventory of all the blessings in my life. All too often we are focused on the voids in our life or what we don’t have and what we wish we could have, instead of recognizing all the wonderful things we take for granted. I decided to write a list of 10 things I’m thankful for this Thanksgiving, and I encourage you to do the same!
1) My wonderful, supportive, and loving family
2) My equally wonderful, supportive, and loving boyfriend
3) My Health
4) That I have all the basic needs- shelter, food, and water
5) That I have a lot of UNbasic needs and luxuries
6) I cannot express my gratitude for those men and women that made, and continue to make, America the land of the free and the home of the brave
7) I don’t mention my job much on here, but I’m a pediatric nurse and I’m so blessed to do what I do for a living
8) Notre Dame football- A bit less serious, but definitely something that is huge within my family and has brought me lots of amazing memories with the people that mean the most to me
9) Disney World- Again, not super serious or necessary in life, but this magical place never disappoints and I’m always yearning to go back! (I have a feeling I’ll make lots of fun memories with Ted when we go for my birthday in February!)
10) My blog readers- I sound like I’m sucking up, I know, but what’s a blog without people to read it!? Thank you for all your support!