It’s award season! Color this movie-addicted-acting-obsessed-fashion-lover excited! Now, I’ll be the first to admit that I usually turn off the ceremonies after the red carpet segment, but the fashion is hands down the best part! (Some of the speeches can be alright, too but I usually catch those the day after)
I wanted to dedicate this Friday Five to some of my favorite red carpet arrivals! I know I’m a bit late on this, but I worked the night of the ceremony and just now had enough down time to really click through all the online galleries and form some opinions.
Check out my favs down below (it was hard to pick just 5!…which is why a cheated and picked an honorable mention haha) and feel free to let me know your picks in the comments!
1) Gina Rodriguez in Zac Posen: Every red carpet event needs that one striking, satin ball gown and this year, Gina Rodriguez gave us this beauty. It’s simple, yet elegant and that blue color is to die for! If the girl lost her shoe, I swear you’d mistake her for Cinderella.
2) Jenna Dewan Tatum in Zuhair Murad Couture: Okay, so this year’s Golden Globes gave us TWO striking ball gowns. YASSSS. I love this gown for all the reasons I stated regarding Rodriguez’s dress…plus this gown has a plunging neckline for some added sexiness and bling. Sign me up!
3) Lilly James in Marchesa: I thought this ethereal look was a gorgeous contrast to some of the more bold colored, structered gowns on the red carpet. Lilly James looks completely angelic and beyond gorgeous in this lavender and baby blue beauty!
4) Corinne Foxx in Paolo Sebastian: The 2016 Miss Golden Globes also decided to go the more ethereal route, and pulled the look off flawlessly! The delicate floral appliqués are a nice contrast to the sexy see-through, plunging neckline, and the nude color is breath-taking.
5) J. Lo in Giambattista Valli: We’ve all heard the saying “red hot” but I think J. Lo could coin the term “yellow hot” in this look! J. Lo, for me, is someone who is consistently flawless on the red carpet and she didn’t disappoint this time around! (Does she age!?)
Honorable Mention Lady Gaga in Versace: This is a more than obvious nod to the late bombshell Marilyn Monroe, and I quickly clicked passed this look during my first scroll through of gowns. It was a little too obvious for my taste. Gentle prefer blondes we get it…been there, seen that! What caught my eye the second time seeing this image however, was that it’s Lady Gaga. Yes! Mother Monster herself. You know the quirky talent who used to wear the most random and ummm…interesting-yeah we will go with interesting!- get ups. She looks divine! That dress is hugging her in all the right places and she’s almost unrecognizable in a fresh-faced, effortless way! You go, girl!
**Disclaimer**: I do not own any of the photos featured in this post as I wasn’t lucky enough to be invited to the ceremony to take my own (I’d be ready and willing next year! Hint* Hint* Golden Globes invitation senders!) All images are from eonline.com and are property of Jason Merritt/Getty images)
Entire gallery can be found here: http://www.eonline.com/photos/17754/2016-golden-globes-red-carpet-arrivals